Thursday, April 29, 2010

And the summer continued and

It was what it was, I loved to hate and love the place at the same time. The building was huge, a block of cement, probably build as a factory a long time ago, it was situated real close to the former wall that had parted the city. The line to the place was always long, and I heard stories about how others been turned around at the door, it had never happened to me, it would never happen to me. My svelte blond appearance was just right, and the grey walls of cement were calling my name, I knew it just as much as the bouncer knew it. I stood in the line, already a little high, I wasn't one of those who would try to score drugs inside the walls, I knew better than to put the tiny pills in my pocket. I knew that cameras would be confiscated and so would any drugs. The masters of the waiting building knew better than to allow a to large amount of drugs to flow in, still we all knew that there was everywhere and at one point of the night we all would breath it and so be it. I had two little Mitsubishis neatly tucked into a hole that I had cut in the bra I was wearing. Complete strip searches were not going to happen, I still felt the adrenalin heighten in my system when a thoroughly pierced man felt my little gay Asian up, and a woman of short statue patted my pockets down. I giggled to myself, this was the closest I had come to any sort of physical touching in a long time, if the nights I spent sleeping next to the Gaysian didn’t count. The lady and the man seemed pleased and I gave a third person my money and entered.
The rooms were darker than the summer night outside and music filled our ears, heads and bodies when we walked up the narrow staircase. The floors were cold cement and the walls bounced the music around, bounced it into my eardrums and out again, it let me twirl my finger. I was nervy as always, I wanted something more, I grabbed Cookies arm and dragged her to the bar. Sweaty bodies pressed themselves closer to us, my feet followed the monotone rhythm, and after a few minutes I reached the bar. To stop a slowly occurring panic attack I lit a cigarette, the harsh smoke of a filtered Camel soothed my lungs, thoughts, body and the sudden high of nicotine brought me back and forth to reality. I leaned over the bar and shouted to a feminine bartender that I wanted two glasses of 'Sekt auf Eis'. The bartender ignored me for a microsecond, until he decided that I was worth his time, served me my drinks and I gave him a cigarette and paid in cash. Cash was king at this place, nights in this city cash ruled everything, and in the end of the night we always stuck our hands deep in the pockets to find the last heavy coins to pay the last drinks before we had to head into the light put our sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment