Saturday, November 29, 2014

Love in the time of fall

Gray, gray with a leaf of yellow, a leaf of orange, a leaf of red and yellow, I walk down the street.
The smell of winter lingers in the air, I can smell the distant snow. I can feel the seasons changing and I long and I know. My jacket is just as warm as last year, my hand slightly cold in his. I smile into eyes that smile back at me.  The overwhelming feeling of not being alone, makes my heart jump, makes my heart live. I know he’s mine, but the fear is still there, don’t take him away, I finally found someone I can love, but don’t tell him I love him, it’s too early already.

Gravity brings the last leaves to the ground, my steps fight gravity and I leap in the air, around him, I can’t stop smiling, my hand a little warmer in his pocket. He wraps his arms around me, and I think we are in love know.

Maybe it isnt real, maybe I should be running, but I am tired of running, I am tired of fear, I am here, right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment