Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spending time with me and me



I grew up far from where I am now, I grew up where neighborhoods were safe and children played on the streets. I grew up with clean tap water, bruised knees, lakes on sea and sailing. I dreamed of that place the other night, I remembered how it all smelled, I remembered walking to school. I was eight years old and i walked with two of my best friends, we took short cuts over peoples backyards, we laughed and climbed. If we ran into someone that lived in the house they would smile at us and we would giggling ran away. My knees were skinned and hands and feet hardened by climbing everything that came in my way, I lived a dream that I did not know was a dream. I wore Carl Larsson dresses and I someone put a spider in my little brothers hair. I had a lisp as a child and they tried to make me understand why 16.00 was the same as 4pm. I was a studious child with and imagination way beyond, I loved every book to bits and pieces and I could see through people.
Your life will never be easy when you can read people like open books, not when empathy runs in your blood. I do think that I might have won in the long run, I might have never loved and I might have lost a lot, but I am still standing.

1 comment:

  1. good times! Äppelkrig and flädersaft in the trädgården.

    ReplyDelete