Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Times you left me behind and I

I was intoxicated and tired of it all, it wasn't morning yet, the water dark, it was quiet with a slight buzz of the city, but it was further away. I stepped closer to the water, I knew I was drunk, we were all drunk, and it was hot out. My body damp from sweat and limps tired of a night that never really seemed to end. I turned around to my friends, we had done this a thousand times before. Without hesitation we all took our clothes off, a few spared their underwear, I went all bare.
A last glance at each other and I took a few sprinting steps and lept into the dark waiting water, I let my body rush into the welcoming coolness, the sudden splash breaking the stillness being repalced by the complete quietness of the underwater world. My mind fled for a second, before I broke the surface and once again became one of all of us. My friends laughed, one made out with the boy she had met at the club. I laughed and let my body relax, I saw the first rays of sun break the dawn.
I think I loved and hated my life in that moment, it smelled like morning, and soon I would be walking home thru a sleeping bright city. On the way home I picked daisies out of the public flowerpots, kicked over by a drunk, dying on the streets, for someone that wasn't waiting for me at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment