Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer is taking over and me


It is hot outside, and my feet are blistered, I live in a city, some people would claim it to be The City, to me it is just a city. My city is far away, with water clear and air that nourish my longing lungs. I am not there.

But I am here, and I am not one to complain, I love the humid air that makes me gasp for oxygen, I do appreciate the lack of quietness and I am one of the diverse. Women holding women close to each other and men flirting over the heads of orthodox Jews. The AC is blasting on the subway and the stench in Chinatown during the summer makes me change my walks.

Jeans in the city, I refuse, we all refuse, and slowly I have taken scissors to them all, made them into long shorts, and I straddle my bike no longer worried that cloth will kill me. Older ladies shaking their heads at my flip flops, but I don't care, life is to short to bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment