Sunday, March 21, 2010

Early mornings in the city and me

As a city wakes up, I walk the streets, while the sun slowly follows my step, one of the largest cities in the world, still the slow pace and the lack of bustling life suprise and amazes me. It is still spring in hte air, and an old man is cleaning his storefront and I stop to watch. A woman dressed in traditionally african print compliments me. Slightly underdressed for the crisp morning she lets me know that I look stunning.
I continue to walk, I smile at two police officers that pass me while I slowly guide myself to my nest. Early mornings in the city, the smell of asphalt warming up, the sound of stores unlocking, and the few ghosltly walkers, in last nights make-up, finding their way from warm bodies and last nights promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment